This Reading Challenge will be my first reading challenge. There are 14 categories. This RC hosted by Share The Books.
Period of the Challenge: January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014
Yep, we almost welcome 2014, the year of anticipation. There will be the World Cup in Brazil, Presidential Election in Indonesia – and tons of great books to be published (and read) for sure!
This challenge will require you to read 14 books (or more) from 14 categories below. You can combine the books you read with other challenges, but can not use the same book for different categories in this challenge.
Try to match the categories from your TBR piles But if you don’t have any suitable books in your TBR – and want to find an excuse to buy a book for this challenge, that’s totally fine too!
Here are the 14 categories:
1. Visit The Country: Read a book that has setting in a country that you really want to visit in real life. Make sure the setting has a big role in the book and it can make you know a little bit more about your dream destination.
2. Cover Lust: Pick a book from your shelf that you bought because you fell in love with the cover. Is the content as good as the cover?
3. Blame it on Bloggers: Read a book because you’ve read the sparkling reviews from other bloggers. Don’t forget to mention the blogger’s names too!
4. Bargain All The Way: Ever buying a book because it’s so cheap you don’t really care about the content? Now it’s time to open the book and find out whether it’s really worth your cents.
5. (Not So) Fresh From the Oven: Do you remember you bought/got a new released book last year but never had a chance to read it? Dig it from your pile and bring back the 2013.
6. First Letter’s Rule: Read a book which title begins with the same letter as your name (for Astrid means A, and Astrid can read anything that started with the letter A). Remember: Articles like “a”, “an” or “the” doesn’t count
7. Once Upon a Time: Choose a book that’s been published for the first time before you were born (not necessarily has to be a classic book, just something a little bit older than you is okay. You can read the most recent edition if you want to)
8. Chunky Brick: Take a deep breath, and read a book that has more than 500 pages. Yep, the one that you’ve always been afraid of!
9. Favorite Author: You like their books, but there are too many titles. This is your chance, choose a book that’s been written by your fave author but you haven’t got time to read it before.
10. It’s Been There Forever: Pick up a book that has been there on your shelf for more than a year, clean up the dust and start to read it now
11. Movies vs Books: You’ve seen the movie adaptation (or planned to see it soon) but never had time to read the book. It’s time to read it now, so you can compare the book vs the movie.
12. Freebies Time: What’s the LAST free book you’ve got? Whether it’s from giveaway, a birthday gift or a surprise from someone special, don’t hold back any longer. Open the book and start reading it now
13. Not My Cup of Tea: Reach out to a genre that you’ve never tried (or probably just disliked) before. Whether it’s a romance, horror or non fiction, maybe you will find a hidden gem!
14. Walking Down The Memory Lane: Ever had a book that you loved so much as a kid? Or a book that you wish you could read when you were just a child? Grab it now and prepare for a wonderful journey to the past Comic books or graphic novels are allowed!
And, here is my choices:
1. Visit The Country: Tokyo - Sefryana Khairil
2. Cover Lust: Notasi - Morra Quatro
3. Blame It on Bloggers: After Rain - Anggun Prameswari
4. Bargain All The Way:
5. (Not So) Fresh From The Oven: Crying 100 Times - Nakamura Kou
6: First Letter's Rule: Always With Me - Hyun Go Wun
7. Once Upon a Time:
8. Chucky Brick: Actually, I wanna pick Inferno, but I can't wait until next year to read it, so I choose The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith
9. Favorite Author: Not decided yet, but I prefer Agatha Christie's
10. It's Been There Forever: The Secret History of The Lord Of Musashi and Arrowroot - Junichiro Tanizaki
11. Movies vs Books:
12. Freebies Time: Sains Harry Potter - Roger Highfield
13. Not My Cup of Tea: Kabut Perang - Ayi Jufridar
14. Walking Down The Memory Lane: Comic, comic, comic! As kid, I only liked comics. ^^